The principle of Conservation of Energy
Energy cannot be created or destroyed but can be converted to other forms of energy.
Forms of Energy
1. Potential The energy a body has due to its position or state of stress.
2. Kinetic The energy a body has due to its motion.
3. Chemical The energy stored in the chemical bonds that link atoms or ions.
4. Light Energy transmitted as visible electromagnetic waves.
5. Sound Energy transmitted as pressure changes from vibrating objects.
6. Heat Energy that transfers form region of higher to lower temperature.
7. Electrical Energy from moving or static electric charges.
8. Magnetic Energy due to a magnetic field of a magnet.
9. Nuclear The energy stored in the nuclei of atoms.